Transaction Logging Server™
Low cost, encrypted transaction logging
Symitar’s Transaction Logging Server (TLS) provides a low cost, reliable, and encrypted transaction logging solution. Comparable to the price of a tape drive, TLS provides a vital operation to the credit union by backing up near-real-time transactions as they occur on the host system. The TLS, in combination with the system and database backups, will ensure a fast recovery of Episys® host systems.
TLS offers encryption for data-at-rest. Episys clients can back up the encrypted transaction logs onto a mobile medium to store transaction logs off-site. Each Transaction Logging Server is shipped pre-configured. Symitar assists in finalizing the TLS set-up by providing network information specific to the credit union and attaching the server to the credit union’s network.
Core compatibility: Episys
What It Does
- Provides a reliable transaction logging service.
- Presents a low-cost alternative to logging to tape.
- Incorporates file-system level encryption for maximum data security.
- Provides a method for encrypting data for offsite storage using choice of media.
What It Does For You
- Simplifies your security and disaster recovery strategies.
- Helps you comply with best practices for data storage.
- Provides a flexible and scalable system that grows with your credit union.
- Reduces backup and recovery time by eliminating the period it takes to move tapes to and from a storage site in the event of a disaster.