Enterprise Backup and Tape Encryption
A backup solution for data protection and regulatory compliance
Enterprise Backup and Tape Encryption enables you to easily select what data to backup, when to back it up, and where to store it. Symitar provides three components for this product; a tape drive, Episys Management Server™ (EMS) – with Symantec Backup Exec 2010 included – and Episys® Vaulting™. (Note: For credit unions that already own one or more of these components, the price of this solution will be adjusted accordingly.)
Enterprise Backup and Tape Encryption uses Episys Vaulting to create a .tar backup file. This file is sent to the EMS and then encrypted and written to tape using Symantec Backup Exec. The tape device can be a standalone machine or a tape library. This solution provides integrated 128-/256-bit AES OpenSSL encryption. An integrated encryption key management system is included for easy setup and management.
Core compatibility: Episys
What It Does
- Creates a .tar backup file from your system data.
- Encrypts the backup file using 128-/256-bit AES-compliant standards.
- Stores the encrypted data on a tape backup device.
- Provides easy setup, management, and data retrieval.
What It Does For You
- Helps maintain compliance with the security mandates of regulatory agencies.
- Provides peace of mind by securely backing up and storing member data.
- Reduces or eliminates the need for additional backup servers.