Yellow Hammer BSA™
Centralized, fully-automated BSA compliance
Yellow Hammer BSA is Symitar’s enterprise application for monitoring and reporting suspicious financial activities for BSA compliance. Yellow Hammer BSA uses browser-based technology to facilitate ease of use. This solution’s standardized, single-file format allows batch and near-real-time data to be electronically imported and analyzed from Episys, wire transfer and teller systems, and third-party brokerage databases. All member information and transaction records are stored in a central database.
Yellow Hammer BSA gathers information during the account opening process and assigns a risk rating to that person. Existing members can also be profiled, and peer group analysis can be performed. This product also stores actions and notes and helps produce auditor reports for any defined time period. Suspicious activities are imported into a case management module for extended tracking and follow-up.
Core compatibility: Episys®
What It Does
- Automates the enterprise-wide monitoring and reporting of suspicious financial activities for BSA compliance.
- Allows batch and near-real-time data to be electronically imported and analyzed from Episys, wire transfer and teller systems, and third-party brokerage/trust databases.
- Stores all member information and transaction records in a central database.
- Gathers member due diligence and expected account volume information during the account opening process.
- Provides users the means to accurately risk rate their client base using several factors.
- Performs peer group analyses.
- Allows research analysts to perform actions and store notes for easy reference.
- Displays a dashboard as accounts are reviewed that shows all the analyses.
- Stores analysts’ work to produce manager, board, and auditor reports for any defined time period.
- Provides a case management module for extended tracking and follow-up.
- The Exams console aids institutions in training efforts for their employees.
- The List Search console allows institutions to check their client base against the SDN list, 314a list, PLC list, and FedLine Wire Search list.
What It Does For You
- Saves credit unions valuable time and resources.
- Reduces compliance risks.
- Allows for easy and accurate record keeping and meets data storage requirements for BSA compliance.
- Provides a complete audit trail.
- Simplifies credit union operations, while minimizing staff, training, and on-site technical support requirements.
- Ensures compliance with related regulatory requirements, including the Identity Theft Red Flags provision of the FACT Act.