Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
Increase security and reduce operating costs by replacing workstations with virtual desktops
Symitar’s VDI solution enables a central server to deploy and maintain multiple desktops throughout your organization. Each user needs little more than a keyboard, mouse, monitor, and a client connection (end point) device to access a full-featured Microsoft Windows environment. Typically, the end point device is a "zero client" with no memory, software, or moving parts. Credit unions also have the option of repurposing old PCs (fat clients) as endpoint devices.
Symitar’s VDI technology is a hybrid solution using two of the best known and reliable virtualization providers: VMware and Citrix. VMware’s vSphere software provides the underlying host (the "hypervisor") on the servers. It manages backend maintenance and administrative functions. Citrix XenDesktop creates the virtual machines and displays desktops for each user.
There are numerous advantages to using virtual desktops: simplified software upgrades, guaranteed consistency of data across the credit union, easier backup, reduced power usage, and better security.
Core compatibility: Episys®
What It Does
- Provides a virtual machine and virtual desktop for users on your network.
- Improves security by limiting sensitive data to a central server.
- Provides consistency of data because all data is centralized.
- Enables IT to perform all software upgrades from a single location.
What It Does For You
- Simplifies IT operations by eliminating workstations.
- Saves money by reducing IT hardware and software maintenance
- Saves money by reducing power consumption.
- Saves money by not having to purchase new hardware each time a new operating system comes out.
- Helps meet data security compliance standards.
- Saves money by enabling the repurposing of old PCs for use with the VDI system.