Simple, One-Time-Use Member Verification Tool
The challenges associated with protecting member accounts continue to grow as new security threats emerge. Symitar Passcode is a new option your credit union can implement to verify a member via a one-time use passcode. It can be integrated with Enhanced Member Verification and other Episys® screens.
Core compatibility: Episys®
What It Does
- Generates a random code using credit union-defined configuration options.
- Securely sends the passcode to an accountholder’s selected delivery option.
- Verifies the passcode relayed by a member to your credit union employee.
- Captures passcode verification data in an Episys comment record.
- Automatically places a warning code after a designed number of failed passcode attempts (optional).
What It Does For You
- Helps prevent fraud or breach of information by proving an additional layer of member verification.
- Ensures passcodes are only sent to the email, alternate email, or mobile number for primary and joint name records.
- Offers configuration of passcode characteristics and options for size, data type, comment codes, and delivery methods.
- Includes a selection screen listing delivery addresses eligible to receive the passcode.
- Tracks that a one-time passcode was used as verification.
- Provides optional additional configuration of warning codes and failed passcode attempts.